Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for manufacture of electromagnetic clutches, brakes and associated other components. Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation of these products, utilizing knowledge in engineering mechanical and electrical fields. Responsible for scrap reduction and problem resolution with customer concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process-related concerns.
- Assists Quality Manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system (e.g. 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.).
- Develops and conducts training as required to build quality awareness.
- Interacts with customers to resolve concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Interfaces with Engineering and Operations to ensure that new products transferred to Production are manufactured in accordance with approved processes and prints.
- Works with the Quality Associates to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Conducts audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audit-finding reports and determines proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyzes product failures and initiates the corrective and preventive actions required to respond to customer complaints.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the overall activities of receiving inspections and final product acceptance inspections.
- Ensures timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Monitors supplier performance and conducts supplier audits when required.
- Provides exceptional product and customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Consistently performs all responsibilities, essential functions and tasks to Company expectations, quality standards and profitability goals.
- Treats everyone, including our vendors, clients and customers with dignity, respect and professionalism.
- Communicates in person, over the phone, email, and internet or in writing in a positive, professional and helpful manner.
- Promotes a positive work environment in every action, every day.
- Adheres to all safety rules and reports questionable conditions to VSM.
- Applies and recommends Lean practices.
Key Performance Metrics
- Internal and External PPM and Total Cost of Quality
- On time delivery
- Supplier PPM
- Print reading and GD&T skills
- Ability to utilize advanced mathematical concepts such as, standard deviation, probability, statistics, factor and regression analysis. Computer skills are required (spreadsheet, word processing, project management software).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions where limited standardization or information exists. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems and to deal effectively with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- High energy level
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS degree in accredited engineering or sciences program, preferred.
- Minimum 2 years quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining ISO-9001, TS16949 or AS9100 certification.
- ASQ Certifications, preferably Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), not required, however must be willing to pursue.
- ISO 9001, ISO 13485, AS9100 or IATF 16949 Lead Auditor or Internal Auditor training and certification highly desired.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.