Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global designer and manufacturer of quality power transmission and motion control products utilized on a wide variety of industrial drivetrain applications.
Founded in 1857, TB Wood's has grown to become a global leader in the design and manufacturer of industrial couplings and belted drive solutions. TB Wood's foundry operations are capable of producing gray and ductile iron parts up to 10,000 lbs. per cast part. Reliable TB Wood's products are utilized in many key markets including food & beverage, energy, wastewater, concrete, metals, pulp & paper and material handling on applications such as conveyor systems, rolling mills, pumps, compressors, palletizers, de-barkers, printing equipment, fans & blowers, machine tools, and mixers. Learn more information at https://www.altramotion.com/our-brands/tb-woods-incorporated.
This position exists to support TB Wood's effort to maintain and improve overall quality. This is a 'hands-on' position in a fast-paced production environment. The quality engineer will directly interface with customers and utilize a disciplined problem-solving approach to correct and prevent quality concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Initiate and when needed participate in problem solving team, to analyze and evaluate issues, find the root cause for the issue, perform risk analysis (faults on more parts or risk of delivery disturbances), initiate short term solution/containment.
- Lead problem solving activities as required and report results
- Lead and coordinate internal quality campaigns of suspect component defects.
- Analyze customer issues together with quality team and agree upon required actions.
- Plan and perform the customer dialogue. Address and perform necessary improvement activities according to the dialogue. Report the result.
- Support deviation processing for items where design authority belongs to the customer.
- Investigates customer complaints and returns regarding quality. Responds directly to customers on specific quality issues, including customer visits when necessary
- Develop corrective action plans and communicate to the customers and Area Sales Managers.
- ISO9001: Coordinate and lead activities to maintain and continuously improve the Quality Management System including audit schedules, auditor activities, etc.
- Uses team problem solving methods to solve quality issues as they occur.
- Lead improvements to Incoming inspection/Returned Goods/Discrepant Material areas.
- Sound decision making, problem solving, and organization skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide the appropriate level of professional communication for the situation.
- Responsiveness to customer inquiries
- Attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience managing people / team preferred but not required.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Work environment
Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required to be worn in designated areas. Exposure to noise, dust and molten iron while on the production floor.
- Physical requirements
Lifting, up to 50lbs, bending, reaching, walking or standing for long periods of time.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.