Responsibility for daily tactical issues related to quality in functional area. Internal and external.
Lead and conduct process improvement efforts as an individual and through teams to complete initiatives.
Planning, Leadership, and organization skills in quality functions.
Support operations to improve and sustain KPIs.
Develop and sustain a Quality Management System (QMS) to ISO ASME and CE standards.
- Review metrical performance of manufacturing system to determine top issues needing resolution.
- Design, implement, validate, and report on systems that improve the metrical performance of the plant as issues are resolved.
- Act as a primary quality resource and exhibit leadership for the Management Team with respect to quality policies and standards.
- Administrate Quality System.
- Manage (internal and external) customer and supplier relations, expectations, and needs.
- Provide direction to any hourly employee dealing with Quality issues.
- Assignments as required
- C.Q.E and/or Quality Assurance certificate is desired, university degree in manufacturing related fields is preferred. Will consider a minimum of 10 years of Quality and Manufacturing experience in lieu of education.
- 1-3 years of experience in Quality and Manufacturing required.
- Experience in a unionized manufacturing facility preferred.
- Six Sigma certificate desired.
- Familiarity with various quality systems including ISO, ASME and CE and the ability to effectively implement these systems. Excellent auditing skills for internal and external audits, to report findings and make and/or implement recommendations for improvement.
- Familiar with statistical and quality tools and concepts. General understanding in the use of statistical software for analysis of processes and products.
- Ability to read and understand prints, specifications, schematics and engineering drawings and to use measuring tools to determine if parts are meeting specification.
- Ability to analyze parts and assemblies to determine quality level and prepare reports detailing findings. Ability to analyze warranty reports and to prepare and manage a quality plan to reduce top failures.
- Familiar with statutory and regulatory requirements and the ability to submit equipment for approval and manage the project.
- Core Tools knowledge desired. Experienced in manufacturing processes (automotive manufacturing preferred).
- Participate as assigned as manufacturing/assembly Quality representative for chartered teams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, good communication skills and the ability to work with others. Working knowledge of production planning and control functions preferred.
- Passport and availability to travel are required.