We are an industry leader in the specialty manufacturing sector with an immediate need for a Quality Engineer to join our Lean Manufacturing/Process Improvement team. This is a new position due to growth in the company and is designed for someone with mid-level experience. Candidates should have at least 7 years total experience, and the majority of that should be in Quality Engineering in an industrial or manufacturing environment. This job is located in Hartford, CT. There is NO relocation assistance available for this role, only candidates within a 1-hour commute to Hartford will be considered.
In this role, you will work closely with the Quality Manager assisting with the Quality Management System and working with the external supplier-required DQR process.
- Assist with performance audits and with the approval of various procedures, of external suppliers, and of product compliance with customer requirements.
- Work as primary DQR and MCL representative.
- Act as a liaison with external customers during product release source inspections.
- Provide documentation for Quality Engineers for root cause analysis and corrective action procedures.
- Be present for audits of Quality systems, procedures, processes, and train personnel post-audit regarding any corrective actions resulting from internal or external audits.
- Support the Quality Manager in developing and reviewing Quality Programs.
- Work with Engineering teams to develop economical methods to manufacture and evaluate products.
- Monitor the quality plan; review as needed to ensure that products produced meet customers' needs.
- Review regulatory requirements; create Quality System Procedures that meet those requirements
- Establish and maintain records of approvals, and of quality ratings
- Review drawings, and aid in identification of areas of difficulty or added costs
- Contributes to continuous improvement and supports 5S initiatives