Provide Quality Engineering leadership to production for quality activities and maintain oversight of manufacturing activities for quality compliance, while assuring that products and process continue to operate in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Together with the Manufacturing, Technical Services and QC Process Control teams, the incumbent of this position will be accountable for the performance of their assigned operational area against key business objectives such as safety, quality, compliance, and production costs/output. The incumbent will drive peers to manage performance of equipment, systems, and processes; and will work to improve the output, efficiency or quality of the associated manufactured products.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Establishes quality standards for products and processes and suggest modifications meant to prevent defects in components or final products.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams, including product design, product management and production, to identify and mitigate quality risks.
- Audits production processes, raw materials or suppliers/vendors to ensure that established quality standards are met.
- Conducts root cause analysis for defects, non-conformities or other quality failures.
- May be responsible for ensuring compliance with formal external quality standards, such as ISO 9001.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically assist in orienting, training , assigning and checking the work of lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and issues.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10 plus years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Occasional business travel required, Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.