The Quality Engineering Technician Leader is responsible for developing and managing quality systems, processes, and resources to best meet internal and external Quality Goals and Objectives for all supported Product Lines. In addition to providing Quality Engineering support for assigned Product Line(s), this individual is also responsible for leading, developing, and directing Quality Technicians that directly support production operations to ensure that Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity performance is achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Makes resourcing decisions/assignments of Quality Engineering Technicians to best support production needs.
- Establishes and maintains career development paths for the Product Line Quality Engineering Technician team while also managing individual talent development plans to maximize performance.
- Develops systems to manage and analyze quality data in support of decision making and continuous improvement.
- Creates and manages Control Plans, FMEA's, GRR studies, CpK studies, and related documentation to ensure quality requirements are met for both new and existing product.
- Devises sampling procedures and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Develops and implements process audits to validate product and process quality.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for the proper disposition of discrepant material.
- Develops and implements methods to assess and manage the cost of poor quality.
- Utilizes structured problem solving methods to enable continuous improvement and permanent correction of quality risks.
- Works with and leads quality team members in support of organizational Quality Goals and Objectives.
- Prepares process documentation, standard work, and training materials.
Competencies critical to this role include the following:
- Balances risk and reward via careful analysis using hard and soft skills.
- Aligns tactics to strategy in planning and execution of work.
- Supports and promotes a culture of engagement.
- Manages competing priorities to best support customers and stakeholders.
- In coordination with the Quality Manager, creates a vision and long-term strategy for Quality improvement.
- Promotes collaboration and generates superior outcomes with leadership that promotes and develops teamwork.
Education and Experience Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related technical degree is required
- A minimum of 5 years' experience serving as an engineer in a manufacturing environment is required
- Statistical skills and experience required
- Experience with lean manufacturing tools and ISO9001 quality systems is preferred
- ASQ certified Quality Engineer preferred
- Experience leading and managing associates is preferred
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
The physical demands are necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.