Job Title: Quality Inspector
Location: Everett, WA 98203
Duration: 03 Months (Contract to Hire)/ Full Time
Role and Responsibilities:
- Quality Assurance Inspector performs first-article and final assembly inspections of machined and/or sheet metal parts and assemblies along with receiving inspection of purchase complete, standards, and raw materials as well as ensuring the quality and reliability of products by verifying conformance to technical specifications.
- Quality Assurance Inspector performs first part, in-process, first article, and final inspections by utilizing surface plates, coordinate measuring machines (CMM), calipers, bore gages, micrometers, height gages, and other precision measuring devices, instruments, and equipment.
- Performs receipt inspections of raw material, purchase complete, standards, and hardware by utilizing Rockwell Hardness Testers, Electrical Conductivity Testers, micrometers, height gages, surface testers, and other precision measuring devices, instruments and equipment.
- Processes NCRs (non-conformance report) and DMRs (defective material report), including computer system entries, paperwork and part flow.
- Performs and verifies functional testing of assembled components as required.
- Reviews all completed work orders, product documentation, and data to ensure entries are complete, accurate, and legible.
- Ensures that material traceability, processing certification, assembly and testing of customer-furnished, vendor-supplied products or work in progress meet internal and customer requirements.
- May be required to prepare and present written reports on inspection findings.
- Interprets engineering drawings, process specifications, schematic diagrams, blueprints, test procedures, or formulas to verify compliance with technical specifications and customer requirements.
- Utilizes on-line data systems and electronic media to verify customer data, specifications, work in progress status, and data entry.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production methods to achieve optimum equipment capability and product quality.
- Maintains quality records and files.
- May be asked to participate in quality audits and surveillances conducted by internal audit teams or customer representatives.
- Works independently with minimal supervision. Prioritizes work in order to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Meets established standards for productivity and quality. Confers with supervisor when problems arise which impact expected level of performance.
- Responsible for supporting and ensuring compliance to ISO 9001/AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must contribute to a positive work environment.
- Performs any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
- Ability to use and interpret aircraft drawings, specifications, and blueprints.
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence and communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to proficiently conduct geometric and positional dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Ability to utilize on-line data systems and electronic media along with printed materials in order to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to use precision measuring devices, instruments, and equipment.
- The ability to regularly required use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to sit or stand for at least 10 hours a day.
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.