Promotes, develops, and oversees compliance of the company quality systems. Effectively assuring compliance of customer requirements by managing quality policies, standards, procedures, programs and practices while driving and facilitating continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Quality Management System to ensure compliance of ISO certification.
- Coordinate Registrar and Customer Audits and coordinate the completion of CARs.
- Conduct Internal and Supplier Audits. Train and monitor the Internal Audit Team.
- Strategically plan to achieve quality objectives and maintain company standards.
- Create or modify, control and implement company documentation.
- Supervise Equipment Calibration, CMM Inspection and Incoming/Final Inspection personnel, functions and activities.
- Interface with all departments to discuss quality related issues.
- Review processes and products to determine where improvements can be made.
- Discuss questionable dimensional and geometric tolerances with Design Engineers
- Provide positive leadership to maintain high morale as demonstrated by teamwork skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred
- 5-7 years of quality and manufacturing experience preferred
- Should possess a familiarity with lean manufacturing
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
Language Skills – Ability to communicate effectively and write concise reports for all levels of employees. Ability to deliver training presentations.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability – Must possess Conflict Resolution Skills and strong Analytical Skills.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee may lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise levels in the work environment it usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.