This Contract Position is with one of our Direct Clients. Please submit resumes to Ankit -aagrawal(at)divihn(dot)com or call Ankit at 630 847 1017 with any questions.
Job Title: Quality Technician I
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Duration: 3-6 months (a possibility of this converting into a full-time position if needed at the end of the project)
Shift- 2nd shift Mon - Fri 2:00PM-10:00pm (There is some flexibility on these times.)
Interviews will consist of a first-round phone interview and a second-round WebEx
PPE not required
Dress Code: Business casual with an understanding of requirements when on the floor
Education: High School GED or diploma with preferred six months experience
Prior Experience: Prior experience for the primary job function is not required. Experience in a production or lab environment is preferred.
Primary Job Function: This position will primarily consist of working in a lab environment to operate specific equipment for obtaining volume accuracy and precision data for pipette tips that are used on robotic systems.
- The candidate will be provided training to operate the robots for loading the pipette tips, aspirating and dispensing liquid, and unloading the tips.
- Training will also be provided for operating the volume accuracy and precision instrument system and for reporting the volume and precision accuracy data.
- If the position is extended beyond the time frame required for the primary job function described above, then the candidate may be offered the following additional roles and responsibilities:
Perform inspections of product to confirm quality attributes
Use standard lab equipment such as calipers, balances, micrometers, optical comparators, hand-held pipettes, centrifuges, thermal cyclers, and autoclaves
Follow written procedures and protocols for completing work and document work on controlled records
Work in a regulated environment such as ISO 9001 or ISO 13485
- Encompasses the application of scientific and technological principles concerned with the integrity of manufactured products and processes from an engineering standpoint, especially design specifications, testing procedures, and minimum quality standards.
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms, and equipment
Conducts quality assurance tests.
- Performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
Areas of specialization may include:
- Design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- May also be responsible to contribute to the Performance Excellence (Six-Sigma) project portfolio, assuring the effective use of different improvement methodologies (such as DMAIC, Lean, and DESGN) toward the achievement of division or plant strategic goals.
- Requires moderate understanding of the general aspects of the job and familiarity with terminology and procedures. Follows previously defined procedures.
- Proposes and implements basic solutions to routine problems.
- Refers atypical or complex problems to others.
- Works under close site supervision.
- Provided instructions for routine work.
- Recommends actions to improve efficiency.
- Able to perform duties within prescribed timeframes and maintain confidentiality.
- Contacts are primarily within the immediate work group.
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.