LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
LyondellBasell Industries, one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies, is seeking an Research & Development Polymer Technician to join the Analytical R & D team for the Cincinnati Technology Center. As a member of the team you will support R&D Analytical Laboratory unit reach its objectives, and annual goals. The R&D Analytical Laboratory provides analytical support and polymer science to all LYB polymer businesses in the Americas which include internal and external customers, manufacturing plants, and 3rd party tollers. This position reports to the Analytical Lab Supervisor of the Cincinnati Technology Center.
Roles & Responsibilities
1) Exhibit excellent safety leadership in the workplace, consistent with company and site HSE goals.
2) Perform routine analytical testing related to polymer characterization safely according to established methods and procedures including:
- Chromatographic analysis using HPLC and GC systems
- Sample preparation: Polymer milling, refluxing, liquid/liquid extraction, microwave extraction.
3) Perform routine calibration, maintenance, safety and accuracy checks on assigned equipment.
4) Report, discuss and interpret data and observations.
5) Interface effectively with R&D managers, researchers, other technicians, engineers, site HSE and other support staff for the planning and execution of efficient experimental programs with the highest attention to detail and data integrity.
6) Engage in frequent developmental dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
7) Focus on contributing a positive attitude and high degree of Teamwork.
8) Identify and implement quality, safety and reliability driven improvements.
9) Promotes positive work environment in which everyone is treated with respect
10) Bring new ideas to improve efficiencies and processes
1) BS in Chemistry, Chemical engineering, or Material science 2-3 years of chromatography experience in an R&D, manufacturing or industrial laboratory.
2) Solid background in computer-based instrument control systems, statistics and Microsoft Office.
3) Highly self-motivated individual, focused on providing quality laboratory data in an efficient manner, while exhibiting excellent workplace leadership skills in pursuit of project goals and site/company initiatives.
4) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5) Problem solving skills and the ability to make competent, independent, decisions in a timely manner to ensure excellent progress on projects and assigned tasks.
6) Ability to work safely when handling hazardous chemicals with proper safety precautions, equipment and PPE.
7) Ability to effectively manage multiple and or changing priorities with minimal supervision.
8) Excellent technical and mechanical problem-solving skills.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati