19-09310 / R&D Project Manager, Medical Device
Pleasanton, CA (Local candidates Preferred)
Type: Initial 1-year contract with potential to extend and/or convert
*Please include the reason why you are interested in this specific position and how your qualifications fit the requirements -send cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call 720-573-5275- Bonnie Galley
The Senior Project Manager, Medical Device will drive cross-functional teams to bring innovative medical products to market. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the effective management (organization, planning, execution, control, and evaluation) of all aspects of medical device projects in R&D.
These include development and launch of new products, achieving new clinical indications and global expansion of existing products.
• A passionate project manager with good experience of the medical device product development pathway.
• 5+ years’ experience in medical device R&D environment, including 3+ years as Project Manager or equivalent.
• Expert in medical device product development and the interdependencies of individual development activities. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for product registration on global basis.
• Expert in the application of project management software and ability to utilize AGN R&D project and portfolio management systems.
• Proven negotiation, issue resolution and team building skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve project issues, including those related to timing, resources and funding, to prevent delays in project milestones.
• Excellence in communication, stakeholder management, facilitating and managing meetings
• Expert in facilitating team decision making.
• Ability to encourage intelligent risk taking and a bold culture.
• Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline
• PMP certification is helpful but not required.
Main Areas of Responsibilities:
• The Senior Project Manager will manage the cross-functional integrated project plan and drive the execution through cross-functional teams, building the global project strategy, ensuring milestones, goals, risk and budget are achieved.
• The Senior Project Manager will effectively collaborate with R&D governance boards, communicate project status to management and provide resolution options/recommendations for project issues
• The Senior Project Manager will provide decision analysis expertise and tools to the project teams for strategic planning and operational execution.
• The Senior Project Manager provides training and coaching of project teams on processes including product development process, project governance, development plans, critical path, decision trees and project financials.
• The Senior Project Manager will take a leadership role in managing the overall project financials and incorporating forecasts from core team members.
*Those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply / Unable to Process H1B visa at this time / Unable to work on a C2C basis for this role*