We are seeking Technical Designer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. This position is part of the Northrop Grumman's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
* This position will perform senior-level functions and interface with senior USPS and its vendors' technical personnel.
* This position will require short term travel 70-75% (Travel is Mon-Fri)
* This position will require occasional overtime and possibly night/weekend work.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Perform Site Survey Layer-1 Designs - for all pathways and support systems, including Multi floor pathways and penetrations for Fiber Optical Cable / Copper Backbones. (Large facilities from 200,000 to 1.5 million sq. ft., open floor work environments.)
* Perform QA Inspections - of the wiring installations during Mid-Point and Final Site Inspections, ensuring compliance of Manufacturer, Industry, NEC, and USPS design standards. (Identify, document, and report all discrepancies.)
* Candidate will perform random QA Sampling (testing) of copper and fiber during Final Site Inspection, comparing findings with vendor provided Test Results.
* Provide Network Design, and Project Coordination with USPS telecom teams.
* Coordinate with other trades and sub-contractors as needed to provide and include electrical and HVAC requirements for Consolidated Computer Room (CCR), Telecom Rooms (TR), and Telecom Enclosures (TE).
* Coordinate and produce structured cable designs to support work area outlet types, configurations, and locations.
* Create project scope of work based on project design and technology requirements and criteria.
* Discuss with the contractor how USPS expects the Fiber and Copper to be installed, terminated, tested, and the test results will be delivered to USPS.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.