Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the on-site primary liaison between the engineer, Owner and the contractor throughout construction of the project.
- Represent GHD to clients, regulatory agencies, and other interested parties that may be stakeholders in the project.
- Administer weekly onsite coordination meetings with the Contractor, Owner, and other stakeholders.
- Provide on-site observation of construction activities including reviewing products against approved submittals, confirming lines and grades to contract drawings, confirming installation techniques meet best practices and related regulatory requirements, confirming piping and other utility installation work is in accordance with contract specifications and drawings.
- Report construction safety violations and/or unsafe site conditions.
- Perform field verification for conformance with contract documents
- Coordinate and/or oversee third-party materials testing, including but not limited to soils and concrete
- Perform acceptance inspections and observe testing in accordance with the contract documents.
- Document information to enable preparation of as-built drawings
- Maintain and on-site set of redline drawings documenting final installed materials/equipment along with any project deviations.
- Review payment requests submitted by the Contractor.
- Develop inspector daily field reports and coordinate with the Contractor on daily material takeoffs
- Assist with contract closeout documentation.
- Assist in construction schedule reviews. Communicate and document any construction delays to the contract administrating Engineer as each delay occurs .
- Review contractor’s requests for information (RFIs) and discuss with the Engineer.
- Obtain and maintain all certificates, submittals, testing reports, operations and maintenance manuals, and other related construction correspondence.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in construction inspection and/or construction management, with a focus in civil/site and pipeline projects.
- Have an understanding of the current OSHA construction safety regulations.
- Familiar with the current MDE Standards and Specification for Soil Erosion & Sediment Control.
- Familiar with various construction means and methods of pipe line identification, tracing and installation procedures.
- Experience working with multiple subcontractors and demonstrated effective communication with clients, owners and contractors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word applications
- Self-motivated, hardworking and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to use independent judgment.
- Ability to research, interpret and administer contract documents such as construction drawings, project specifications, local construction standards and regulations.
- Firm understanding and adherence to GHD’s Values, Codes of Conduct, and Policies.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.