TEKsystems currently has an opportunity for a qualified and experienced RF Systems/Hardware Engineer to provide engineering analysis, baseline management, maintenance, integration, and development support.
*Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain a CI Poly
*No H1B and/or C2C
This position will report to the program's lead engineer and will be responsible for ensuring successful operation, maintenance, and sustainment of the hardware associated with a complex high priority operational communications system. Responsibilities also include establishing requirements for new software and system hardware enhancements, supporting development efforts for new capabilities, and development and refinement of operational/engineering process and procedures.
The RF Systems/Hardware Engineer will be expected to support troubleshooting, documenting, and resolving system outages and other issues that may be encountered during operation of the system. This includes the collection of diagnostic data, accurately documenting problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools, restoring system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of the system.
The RF Systems/Hardware Engineer will provide support to include store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis and troubleshooting of system capabilities and requirements; Utilize analytic devices such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers for troubleshooting; Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications; Support the generation of concept of operations and provide recommendations for system architecture.
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in aspects of RF system design, integration, test and installation with a Bachelor's Degree OR 12 years in lieu of a degree
* Proficient use of Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes
* Experience generating, analyzing, tracking, and managing requirements
* Experience with RF systems engineering developing and maintaining schematics, analysis, block diagrams, system Bill of Materials (BOMs), and design review packages
* Must be able to apply previous knowledge and experience to provide recommendations for development of new operational concepts, architecture, and to increase efficiencies within the existing system
* Must be able to provide occasional after hour call-in support
* Must be able to support occasional travel (both CONUS and OCONUS)
* Highly articulate with strong written and verbal communications skills
* Experience working with vendors for the timely repair of critical operational hardware
* Experience upgrading hardware supported by Windows and Linux based systems
* Previous experience working with systems supported by Linux operating systems
* Minimum required education is a B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, physics, or related engineering degree.
* BS Degree in a technical field and 6 years of experience or 12 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.