The R/S Engineer Level 2 will work in a fast-paced virtual NOC with teammates across North America. The engineer will be responsible for providing Day 2 support, troubleshooting network related incidents for customers in the financial, healthcare, retail, and insurance industries (among others) across 70 countries.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for incident resolution across large customer base
- Responsible for following change management process and implementing changes accordingly
- Responsible for managing individual change and incident queue
- Responsible for updating ticketing system with detail oriented notes
- Responsible for troubleshooting escalations from our service desk in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with internal Operations teams to deliver a customer focused managed service
- Collaborate with internal development and product teams to continuously evolve the Platform
- Develop procedural documentation for change implementation
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule
- Ability to work with little direction
- Ability to work weekends and non-normal business hour
- Ability to work in a process driven environment with knowledge of ITIL and ITSM
- Ability to research and learn new technologies proactively
- Strong technical, client and customer relations skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong case management and ability to prioritize workload
- Strong problem management skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills to manage trouble tickets related to a broad range of network and security technologies, including but not limited to the following vendors; Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Aruba, Viptela, F5, Palo Alto, FortiNet
Education (minimum) requirements:
Associate's Degree; Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar discipline desired but not required. Expert level experience may be substituted for a college degree or certification.
Experience (minimum) requirements:
- 3+ years of experience
- Management of network and security technologies from the following vendors (required): Cisco, Juniper
- Management of network and security technologies from the following vendors (desired): Arista, Aruba, Viptela, Palo Alto, F5, FortiNet
- Management of routers, switches, firewalls, wireless LAN controllers, load balancers, WAN accelerators, and SDWAN solutions
Certifications & Licenses:
- CCNP R/S or JNCIP-ENT
- Certifications preferred but not required.
- Any certifications in the field of networking, security, or IT management will be taken into consideration.