*This is NOT a remote position. Please read all requirements carefully before applying*
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION/DUTIES:
Individual will develop or modify simulations designed to assess performance capabilities of Missile Defense Sensors (existing with emphasis on RF radar and future sensor systems). Simulation development includes exploring new algorithms and approaches associated with improved beam scheduling, detection, tracking (ballistic and non-ballistic), and discrimination. The individual will use developed simulations to conduct performance analyses and support system engineering discrimination products for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). Individual will coordinate analysis activities and products with functional group leads, senior management, and government personnel responsible for executing analysis tasks. The individual will document analysis results in reports and briefings to be presented to the Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) representatives. Individual may perform as a Lead of a small development and investigative team.
Degree and experience in an engineering classification, operations research, mathematics, or physics: Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Required Qualifications :
- Full United States Citizenship required
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required
- Individual must have a strong technical background and experience in algorithm and simulation development in MATLAB.
- Individual must have experience utilizing simulations for trade study performance assessments.
- A background in RF radar for precision tracking and discrimination is required with a preference toward having experience modeling/simulating MDS radars.
- Individual must possess good communication skills.
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience developing and running distributed interactive simulations (DIS).
- Experience architecting and writing code in MATLAB and C++.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and developing code with teams.
- Analysis experience in aspects of the Ballistic Missile Defense Systems (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, LRDR, SBX, AN/TPY-2, Cobra-Dane, UEWR, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control (FOM, GFC), C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), sensor fusion, system tracking, kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures, or threats).
- A basic understanding of performance parameters, technical performance measures, methods and techniques definition, sensors, missiles, interceptors, detection/tracking, machine learning, or Command and Control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.) analysis is desired.
- Experience working in a Linux operating system.
- Active and current DoD Secret Clearance required
ALL POINTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Engineering & Aerospace