JT3 provides engineering and technical support to four of the western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech.
We are currently seeking a Radar/RF Engineer IV for our Las Vegas, NV facility.
JOB SUMMARY -- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Perform as lead on more complex engineering assignments.
- Leads Radar performance testing and data analysis/reporting activities.
- Generates measurement test plans to include subsystems to be measured, hardware configuration and measurement methodology, and expected values IAW documented system specification or mathematical performance modeling.
- Performs analysis on measurement data and prepares technical reports on findings.
- Provides explanations for discrepancies between measured and expects values and provides analysis of measurement uncertainties.
- Acts as subject matter expert in assistance of system troubleshooting to maintenance personnel.
- Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development, manufacturing, testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation, and maintenance of diverse software, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and systems.
- Independently performs a range of design, development, analysis, or review tasks under generally established project deadlines.
- Completes design specifications, analysis, or design reviews for complex projects.
- Generates complete design specifications for more complex projects.
- Coordinates and works closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Verifies and complies with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and performs engineering studies.
- Supports development of technical proposal and provides comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Develops, maintains, and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications. Directs interface with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities; acts as liaison for the design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conducts site visits and experimental investigations; analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provides recommendations.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as directed.