The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Radiology Technician for a long-term contract position with one of our clients in Tampa, Florida.
• Clinical duties are performed in accordance with the “Clinical Functions by Position” State document and
according to onsite Provider direction and supervision.
• Perform accurate x-rays as ordered by the Provider while practicing radiation safety precautions to include
• Prepare and transmit images to the Radiologist for over-read, and report over-read results to providers.
• Retrieve and archive Radiographic Reports.
• Create/Burn CD’s in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
• At the direction of the Provider, completes orders per clinical functions by position. (State applicable)
• Perform detailed and accurate data collection during clinical intake of patients to include taking and recording
vital signs and patient history.
• Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam prep, etc.
• Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair
testing and physicals.
• Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions and approaches to problems.
• Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other
• Complete patient referrals daily.
• Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and
• Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
• Maintains HIPAA at all times.
• Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
Learning and Ongoing Education:
• Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT UDS, BAT, hair testing, and other occupational health services
• Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures.
• Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position according to MedExpress policy.
• Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of care.
• Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
• Complete all assigned training.
• Documentation of competency is required for all role appropriate procedures, in addition to State specific
licensure or certification as applicable.
Center Readiness and Maintenance:
• Maintaining Quality Assurance of the radiology equipment and completion of Quality Control logs.
• Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report
any and all discrepancies appropriately.
• Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
• Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
• Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care Accreditation site assessment requirements.
• Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards.
• Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol.
• Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
• Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records.
• Work collaboratively with Area Clinical Leadership to complete administrative assignments, as time allows and
knowledge base supports, such as chart audits, supply inventory, quality assurance assessment, etc.
Must have qualifications/experience:
• Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
• Must meet all other applicable requirements by law, including but not limited to all state requirements and, therefore,
must be licensed and accredited by ARRT, and State, if applicable.
• 2 years clinical experience in related field preferred.
• Knowledge of PACS, Computed/Digital Radiography, documentation in an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) System
and basic computer programs.
• Ability to accurately perform required x-rays as ordered by the Medical Provider/s.
• Knowledge of quality assurance processes, radiation safety measures, common safety hazards and precautions to
establish a safe work environment.
• Knowledge of applicable radiology state rules and regulations.
• Ability to perform venipuncture and lab specimen collections experience preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAA requirements.
• Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings.
• Required to maintain CEU/ CME’s as applicable for licensure.
• Strong commitment to customer service and excellence in healthcare.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Our client is seeking candidates that can interview and get started immediately. All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other health screenings if required.
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.