Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administrator
BCforward is seeking a highly motivated Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administrator in Fishers, IN.
Purpose of Position/Summary:
Responsible for aspects of Linux systems administration for the corporation, this includes design, installation, configuration, diagnosing system problems, participating in disaster recovery, ensuring activities are within IT policies and procedures, recommending ideas for policy and/or procedure changes, evaluating and recommending software and hardware products, and documenting procedures and activities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility will be to participate in cloud migration project throughout the year to move Linux systems to MS Azure. Initial contract will be for 6 months with a high probability of extension through 2020. The admin will Initiate automated scripts for the VM migration from on-prem to Azure.
- Post cloud migration tasks include verifying and troubleshooting system and application configuration, network communication and agent functionality (Xymon, Sophos, Ansible, etc). Some after-hours migration work is possible.
- Implement and ensure high automation levels to perform work as efficient as possible
- Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Monitor and make improvements to the system to achieve optimum performance levels. =
- Ensure server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Research, evaluate and recommend software and hardware products.
- Participate including making recommendations in disaster recovery initiatives and exercises.
- Develop and promote standard operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- 5 years administration experience with Linux Red Hat
- Ability to write and maintain scripts (bash, awk, perl, python, etc.)
- Experience with system automation (Ansible, Satellite, Puppet)
- Azure or AWS Cloud provisioning a plus
- Experience using Enterprise Monitoring tools like Xymon or Nagios
- Knowledge of SAN technologies
- Participate in DR test processes on an annual basis
- Bachelor's Degree - Computer Technology or related field. Additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the checked level of education.
- Participate in team on-call rotation
Contact Name: geetha babu
How to Apply: To apply for this posting please send your resume
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. BCForward's headquarters are in Indianapolis, Indiana and operates delivery centers in 17 locations in North America as well as Hyderabad, India and Puerto Rico. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indiana. With 14+ years of uninterrupted growth, the addition of two brands (Stafforward and PMforward) and a team of more than 1400 resources our teams deliver services for multiple industries from both public and private sectors. BCForward's team of dedicated staffing professionals has placed thousands of talented people over the past decade, with retention rates that are consistently higher than the industry average.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 89732 when responding to this ad.