LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
LyondellBasell's Global Procurement group facilitates supply solutions globally for LyondellBasell. We manage supplier relationships in order to provide value to our internal customers in the acquisition of materials, services, and utilities. As a key member of the field procurement organization, the Regional Sourcing Specialist would maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities developed from spend/data/trend analysis, regular stakeholder engagement, end-user impact assessment, supplier performance, interactions with other members of procurement, marketplace analysis etc. They will also be primarily tasked with execution, in coordination with Technical Services/Materials categories, of strategic sourcing initiatives at the regional level, to deliver least total cost of ownership ('life-cycle' costs), following agreed processes and methodology, incl market analysis, risk (market, technical, supplier etc.) assessment, complex contracting mechanisms adapted to commodities etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analyzes spend/data/trends to identify and develop overall strategic sourcing initiatives which meet the needs of the stakeholder and provides solutions/recommendations to the Category Manager based on research of institutional spend, end-user impact, feedback and marketplace analysis.
- Executes detailed spend/data analysis for assigned sites, regions or all of N America to identify initiatives and areas of value creation for the company
- Reviews / assesses (in conjunction with Procurement Specialists) 1-pagers to (i) identify gaps / non-strategic spend (ii) define action plan to close gaps / deviations (iii) work to close any identified gaps (iv) communicate actions and track execution
- Develops and maintain awareness of changing commodity-related business trends in the marketplace and the possible impact to the company
- Engages supply base and the marketplace to define supplier development plans and identify continuous improvement initiatives for both suppliers and the LYB sites
- Develops end-to-end plans for the execution of strategic sourcing initiates and independently manages the execution of the plan once approved by management and periodic status updates/reporting
- Ensures accurate definition of requirements
- Develops and composes bid specification and evaluation criteria in such a manner that internal customer needs are addressed and properly balanced against procurement objectives
- Coordinates with stakeholders to ensure robust understanding of requirements and expectations by the supplier base to ensure optimal life-cycle costs
- Analyzes bid responses to determine the most responsive and responsible bidder to optimize total cost of ownership for the internal client
- Negotiates pricing, local contracts and T&Cs, to establish and maintains an effective procurement system consistent with LYB control guidelines
- Maintains assigned contracts, outline agreements and e-catalogues
- Supports as required/appropriate the implementation of category SRM strategies with local/regional supplier affiliates/entities
- Supports sites as required by business needs and or as assigned by procurement management to ensure business continuity
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years' related experience
- 5+ years of chemical / engineering or related industry experience is desirable
- Experience using SAP ERP system for procurement processes, as well as Ariba, is preferred but not required
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago