The Release & Environment Manager will sit at the intersection of several groups: DBA's, application developers, cloud engineers, enterprise operation partners and management. The ideal candidate will be someone with a solid balance of technical experience and project management skills. This role will serve as an 'air traffic controller ' responsible for ensuring release and environment management readiness when it comes to our program increment (PI) commitments, application maintenance deployments, system patches, security improvements and hardware upgrades. An important aspect of the role is understanding modern approaches to cloud-based infrastructure, the work required to stand-up test environments and how to drive test environment activities to a goal of 100% automation.
The person selected for this role must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Serve as gate keeper and coordination point for E2E deployment of IT services and products.
- Produce a catalog of existing environments; current use and composition. Determine the number of integrated non-production environments required; their purpose and their composition
- Create environment architecture diagrams as a blueprint representing the catalog.
- Work with PMO, Quality Assurance (QA), Cloud Services, Enterprise Operations and Database Administration to continually improve the stability and consistency of our non-production environments and to produce a consistent release management practice.
- Establish a structured production readiness process and checklist to manage our deployments and post go live warranty period.
- Manage the coordination required to configure environments and track the status of environment configuration activities.
- Provide ongoing support for test environments inclusive of managing the guarantee of test environment uptime SLA's.
- Resolve conflicts between teams competing for limited test environment resources.
- Move test environments towards a goal of 100% automation
- Forecast environment requirements based upon anticipated demand from product development teams
- Work on automation of the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members as needed.
- Contribute expertise to developing a load testing environment and benchmarking database performance
- Adhere to IT governance standards and procedures for compliance