Release Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Release Engineer for an opportunity in New York, NY. The Release Engineer acts in the highest level technical role as an individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex computer applications and/or application initiatives. Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs. Works on the most complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors. Plans, performs, and acts as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, and testing. Leads most complex multiple modeling, simulations, and analysis efforts. Acts as expert technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing, and implementation process. Hands on Release Engineer role involved with lower environment management.
- 10+ years application development and implementation experience.
- PowerShell / Shell scripting. Good handle on Unix / Windows commands. Environment management on Windows/Unix Application Servers
- Build and Deployment Tools (Jenkins, TFS Git, Maven, uDeploy etc., ) 3. Release management - Game plan for production release, sign-off, release notes etc
- Relational database experience (Sybase, Oracle etc.,)
- Messaging systems (Coherence, Solace etc.,)
- Troubleshooting issues in lower environments. Follow up on issues in lower environments - Issue Tracking
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with .Net/C# and Java developers towards streamlining build / deployment processes
- Building, executing and updating smoke test of lower environments prior to deploying build. Automation of unit, scenario and blackbox tests using Java technologies bundled as package to test build on deploy in an environments.
- Documenting known issues and work arounds on confluence.
- 2nd line of support
- Monitoring and utility tools build and setup (use standard enterprise tools where needed).
- Extend such tools to production and for support to utilize
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.