LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
Working in a team environment, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks; as well as supporting maintenance activities. The position interacts with other engineers, specialists, and technicians at the site, corporate technical networks, peers at other locations, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance.
The Electrical Reliability Engineer with have the primary responsibility for coordination and execution of electrical reliability initiatives, maintenance plans and will serve as the primary interface with electrical maintenance teams. The Electrical Reliability Engineer must have the extensive knowledge and skills necessary to maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems from 13.8kVAC to 125VDC.. They will utilize blueprints, hand tools, and test equipment to troubleshoot and maintain electrical equipment such as relays, transformers, CTs, PTs, Breakers, Starters, VFDs, and associated communication and power management equipment. Electrical Reliability Engineer will be responsible for planning and executing large scale energy isolation procedures, coordinating with craft and specialty contractors for electrical testing and inspection, and supporting in house electrical maintenance personnel with advanced troubleshooting of complex electrical control strategies.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Practices, participates and supports the plant's health, safety and environmental policies, procedures, regulations, and processes to create and maintain a clean, orderly, safe, and healthy work environment.
* Conforms to plant safety and environmental requirements, accepting the responsibility for personal safety.
* Continuously improve by staying informed and educated on current safety, technical, and quality practices.
* Provides attention to detail and dedication to work in order to ensure reliability, quality and safe operations of the facility.
* Receives training and be able to retrieve OSHA information such as PSM, MSDS, hazardous material lists, safety procedures, corporate standards, etc.
Area of Expertise, Requirements
* Supports all the plant groups (Process, Maintenance, Environmental, Safety, Production, etc. and Corporate Engineering) by providing engineering expertise and providing advanced troubleshooting.
* Ability to read schematic diagrams in order to determine functionality of electrical equipment.
* Ability to develop and follow switching instructions and perform each task with care of life and property.
* Ability to perform testing of various types of DC equipment including UPS, chargers, batteries, etc.
* Ability to perform testing of various types of electrical distribution equipment such as transformers, breakers, MCCs, switchgear, etc.
* Have an extensive understanding of relay protection schemes and ability to interface with protection devices and care for entire population of electrical distribution protection devices.
* Must have advanced knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
* Must have advanced knowledge of requirements under NFPA-70E pertaining to electrical safety.
* Ensure the site meets ERCOT and NERC requirements to allow the Lake Charles site to remain in compliance.
* Must transfer electrical knowledge via written maintenance strategies to maintain conformance with all RAGAGEP Electrical Standards and Practices
* Work with engineering, design and construction to make sure the work uses sound engineering and construction.
* Know the Lake Charles Plant specifications, philosophies and standards and pass these along to outside engineering and construction firms hired to complete work for this facility.
* Provide support to electrical technicians on as need basis.
* B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries is preferred.
* Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
* The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow.
* Experience executing plant projects. Superior interpersonal, communication, and written skills are necessary to advance to this level.
Must be proficient in the following areas:
* Interpretation and application of industry codes and standards
* Process instrumentation and control valves
* Motors, motor controls, and drives
* Analyzers and sample systems
* PLC maintenance, troubleshooting, and programming
* Distributed control systems
* Reliability Engineering concepts
* Reliability data analysis techniques
* Predictive and Preventive Maintenance concepts
* Basic knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) design and logic
* Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, Meridium, CAD
* The successful candidate must have strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way.
* Low voltage and high voltage applications
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles