LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
As the GE&T global process owner for the Reliability Excellence Model, this position will be responsible to lead continuous improvement in reliability and maintenance performance across Lyondellbasell's manufacturing sites. Will lead the global reliability engineering team to support the manufacturing sites in the implementation of the reliability excellence model, in performing reliability, maintenance and LPO data analysis to identify improvement opportunities and resolve issues, in driving sustained reliability improvements.
This position will lead the Reliability Technical Network and work with GE&T equipment and process experts, Technical Networks, and site personnel to drive improvements in equipment design, maintenance and operations practices to sustain and improve reliability. This position will work closely with Capital Project management teams to supports projects in early phases with RAM analysis to support scenario modeling and in later phases with development of an Asset Management strategy through implementation of the reliability excellence model for the project scope.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Serve as the Reliability Global Process Owner
* Supervise the reliability engineers of the GE&T Reliability group globally.
* Drive effective use of Reliability Improvement Teams and coach on sound reliability and maintenance engineer fundamentals such as Engineering Discipline (ED).
* Analyze maintenance and reliability metrics and other data to identify site and systemic opportunities. Proactively engage with GE&T equipment experts, Technical Networks and sites when opportunities are identified to identify company-wide trends requiring action. Help sites drill down to understand performance opportunities. Provide expertise to develop solutions.
* Support the management of Program Maintenance by coordinating the project justification process, tracking progress on execution and communicating results to ensure that sites justify and execute reliability and MCI improvement projects according to plan. Validate site and company long range plans.
* Work with manufacturing sites to establish and implement an overall strategy for core reliability and maintenance IT tools; Ensure plans to address IT tool obsolescence are well defined and forecasted. Look for the best tools and practices and champions those through the IT Steering Team
* Develop reliability excellence model documents to support the Global Asset Integrity Standard (GAIS). Supports gap analysis and action plan development. Participates in OE audits as Global Asset Integrity Standard leader to identify and capture best practices in guidelines and model procedures. Improves the effectiveness of site resources by providing model maintenance procedures
* Participate in industry organizations such as SMRP, NPRA, HBR to stay informed of new technology, industry trends and practices to informally network and benchmark with others in our industry. Research new techniques and tools to enhance business performance
* BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Electrical)
* 10 years of experience in maintenance and/or reliability engineering in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process industries
* Experience leading a team
* Experienced in the use of reliability tools such as Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), RAM Modeling, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Reliability Growth Analysis, Six Sigma (or similar data analytic techniques).
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal/external customers
* Capable of influencing others in all positions, including management
* Demonstrated success in broad perspective, drive for results, and innovation
* Must possess strong analytical skills
* Exhibit strong communication skills and ability to develop consensus and drive change through plant organizations
* Strong presentation skills and capable of effectively communicating with company and contractor management.
* Ability to travel domestically and globally up to 25% of the time
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston