Remediation Technician II
General Summary: Provides on-site support at VA facilities to remediate security threats and vulnerabilities. Assigned work covering vulnerability remediation through established national and regional change control documentation systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides specific vulnerability remediation support for all devices, including laptops, workstations, printers, and network devices (including mobile devices), based on the Regional Director's priorities, and remediates 98 percent of all new vulnerabilities.
- Uses Nessus, SCCM, SCOM, and SQL reports and product logs to locate workstations and servers that have inventory, deployment, patching or other issues, and then uses provided scripts, tools, and vendor products to troubleshoot and resolve the issue and verify resolution.
- Provides onsite patch and vulnerability support using SCCM and other tools. This includes MS patching, Nessus scan remediation, unauthorized software remediation, baseline image deficiencies, etc.
- Provides workstation, laptop, and printer hardware and software support/troubleshooting, imaging, and patching.
- Tests and images desktops and laptops using Microsoft Operating System Deployment using the VA provided images.
- Maintains and troubleshoots software and computer peripherals.
- Assists in updating security documents that adapt customer protocols to be in compliance with NIST guidelines.
- Troubleshoots any problems or issues that arise with Windows desktops/laptops from the network drop to the desktop/laptop, prioritizing systems infected with viruses.
- Provides operating system updates for Windows for desktops/laptops.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and Windows ACLs.
- Strong knowledge of patching and updating tools such as SCCM.
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory principals and best practices.
- Ability to work efficiently without supervision. Good at managing, prioritizing and multitasking.
Experience with workstations, laptop, and printer hardware and software support/troubleshooting.
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes, candidates must be eligible for Public Trust level clearance.
Light office duties which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
May include written and oral communication and comprehension skills; data interpretation skills; analytical and problem-solving skills; basic mathematical reasoning; basic computer skills, and the ability to understand, remember, and carry out detailed instructions.
It is the policy of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these fundamental policies.
All recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are made to abide by the principle of equal employment.
The physical requirements described in 'Knowledge, Skills and Abilities' above are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. (For example, 'light office duties' or 'lifting up to 50 pounds' or 'some travel' required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.