LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
The First Class Instrument Repairman is a direct-hire position with a competitive salary, bonus, 401K matching and benefits package.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Instrument Technician applies technical and professional skills/knowledge in the testing, trouble-shooting, configuring, teardown/rebuilding, and repairing of instrumentation systems utilized by production equipment to ensure reliable operation and to meet established product quality levels; Tests, trouble-shoots, configures, rebuilds, and repairs transmitters, meters, sensors, control valves, control loops, and other instrumentation equipment and components according to engineering data and knowledge of instrumentation and control principles; Modifies instrumentation systems to correct functional deviations under the direction of an Instrument Engineer or Specialist; Diagnoses the cause of malfunction or failure of process instrumentation and performs preventative and corrective maintenance; Initiates correction of loop diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion; Records data associated with periodic testing, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years related Instrumentation experience working in a refinery or petrochemical facility
- Current NCCER Instrumentation certification or ISA Instrumentation certification
- Ability to pass a hands on proficiency test.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain TWIC certification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language
- Willing and able to work additional hours as needed
- Willing to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training, and equipment)
- Willing to work around and/or manually interact with heavy equipment
- Willing and able to work outside, year round under various weather conditions
- Willing and able to stand and walk for extended periods of time and in environments that require frequent bending, reaching and lifting
- Willing and able to work in tight or confined spaces and at heights above 25 feet by climbing stairs and vertical ladders
- Willing and able to satisfy all requirements and perform all emergency response functions and responsibilities
- Willing and able to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Must be able to understand and adhere to strict environmental, health, safety, security and quality policies
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a diverse set of cross functional groups
- Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures
- Complete tasks wearing required personal protective equipment which may include fire protective clothing, goggles, face shields, gloves, steel toe boots, hearing protection, respirators, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must have basic computer skills
- Pass pre-employment testing including a physical, drug and alcohol screening, and background check
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship
(U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident)
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston