Title: UX Research Analyst III
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Duration: 12 Month Contract (*Candidates Authorized to work in US on w2 Only Please*)
Base Compensation: Starting at $65/hr.
Seeking a UX Researcher for a 12-month contract with a possibility to extend. This person will join the ‘Unified Fulfillment and Optimization’ (UFO) team helps deliver hundreds and thousands of computers a year and network capacity that lets us contribute 25-40% of the global internet user traffic, all in support of serving billions of queries a day from our users.
The UFO UX team designs tools used for our client’s engineers to help them Forecast, Plan, Deliver and Automate the processes with the aim to minimize this cost so that our client can continue to scale. This brings up unique challenges of building enterprise tools that helps our users with tasks like: Projection analysis Prediction What-if Analysis Pattern Detection Exception handling and much more.
This person is a true UX designers, UX researchers, Visual designers, and UX engineers, trying to harmonize UX across UFO and enabling meaningful insight generation driven by interactive data visualizations and innovative enterprise design solutions.
- Partner with designers to envision how we could address user needs, collaborate with product management to make sure were building viable products, and iterate with engineering to hold our products to high UX standards. –
- Directly translates into product improvements and uncover new product opportunities. We envision the researcher will also conduct Design Sprints and Research Sprints with design and engineering in order to translate research insights into design and engineering plans and requirements.
- Conducting usability studies, run surveys, perform qualitative user research, and synthesize the research findings to share with the rest of the team. There may be some travel required, mostly within USA.
- Responsibilities Plan and conduct end-to-end UX research at the foundational, exploratory, and evaluative phases of the product-development life cycle.
- Collect and analyze user insights via various qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Planning, observing and moderating usability testing sessions and interviews.
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Taking notes during user study sessions.
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data.
- Creating reports.
- Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing existing research reports.
- Communicating findings from the study to the stakeholders.
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- Ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks
- Persuasive communication that is grounded in data
- Usability testing and Foundational research.
- Usability testing Experience