LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Risk Analytics, the Analyst is a key member of the Financial Risk Management ('FRM') and Global Risk Analytics team. This role will be responsible for supporting the data driven assessment and analysis of financial risks. The incumbent will utilize a full range of statistical models, advanced analytics and quantitative risk assessment tools to generate the findings. Along with the Senior Manager, Global Risk Analytics, he/she will work closely with the FRM Directors, commercial and manufacturing groups, the technology team and the Enterprise Risk Management ('ERM') team to actively assess and identify potential areas of risks to LYB cash flow, and support the development of risk profiles.
The incumbent must possess a combination of business aptitude, modeling and programming skills necessary to provide insights that will help build custom solutions within both within treasury and in other commercial groups. The incumbent must be self-motivated, quick to learn new tools, adapt to new business areas and willing to accept new responsibilities as the group and the organization grows.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with subject matter experts and business owners to identify the key drivers, and deploy analytical tools in constructing detailed summary of assessments.
- Support the development of work processes and procedures necessary to drive a full range of advanced analytics, data mining activities focused primarily on risks to cash flow, including Foreign Exchange risk, Interest Rate risk, Commodity Price risk and Liquidity risk.
- Provide ongoing development and support for Treasury related projects using predictive analytics tools.
- Build a model development and governance environment within Global Risk Analytics, with a structured framework that utilizes a broad spectrum of tools and models:
- Methodology in developing models using key drivers
- To validate risk models, including assessments of conceptual soundness, data integrity, model usage, documentation, etc.
- To implement and track model performance
- To share and maintain model inventory
- Together with the Senior Manager, Global Risk Analytics, build a strong working relationship with stakeholders throughout the organization to support and drive the data analytics activities that align with company's goals.
- The incumbent will work closely with IT to assess and adopt analytics systems and tools to develop future state of financial risk analytics. This coordination may involve creation of more robust data management processes, tools and solutions.
- Participate in the creation of new or improved models and analysis related to pricing, forecasting and supply/demand balances to support business level analysis as well as broader corporate risk analysis.
- Help develop training programs to adopt best-in-class advanced analytics as related to financial risk management.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics or related technical field with a miinimum of 2 years of experience in a multi-national organization or a financial or technical services organization with global responsibilities - or a Mastern's degree with a minimum of 1 year experience in a multi-national organization or a financial or technical services organization with global responsibilities.
- At least 2 years of experience in modeling, advanced analytics, statistical modeling and programming is preferred.
- Master's degree in in Business Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or other technical field is preferred.
- Background in Quantitative Finance, Economics/Econometrics, or other related field is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated high level skills in statistical computing and/or using business intelligence and dashboard platforms such as Tableau.
- Deep programming experience in analytical software tools such as R, Python etc., is a must.
- Knowledge and experience in BigData tools is a plus
- Strong IT skills; Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and relational database concepts.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston