What We Need
Our software team needs to grow to support major software initiatives. We are maintaining our current systems while developing new features and creating cloud-based services and APIs for use internally and by our business partners. Specifically, we need to improve our fulfillment and operations application. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Participate in requirements, architecture, and design discussions.
- Collaborate on design and architecture direction, with an eye toward short-term flexibility while pushing for long-term gain.
- Design, implement, and test high-availability systems for:
- processing incoming telemetry data including geolocation,
- mapping and correlation of location data,
- application of geofence-based rules for notification,
- managing business relationships that allow sharing of assets,
- and enabling secure access to both web-based UIs and APIs.
- Support customer issues and requests with the rest of the team.
- Use the existing code base to garner knowledge and understanding of current functions.
- Use and help investigate AWS native solutions including deployment (DevOPS) mechanisms.
- Will include enhancements to our fulfillment and operations application. Work will include:
- enabling and/or extending integrations with third-party systems
- adding requested functionality
- improving existing custom SQL queries
- refactoring the code base to improve maintainability
- and migrating to use internal GraphQL APIs as they become available.
How You Qualify
- Significant experience using Ruby/Rails.
- SQL knowledge, including experience with joins, unions, sub-selects, and optimizing queries.
- Willingness to learn from and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Solid understanding of and ability to explain standard programming techniques.
- Experience writing, testing, debugging, deploying, and maintaining web-based applications.
- Confidence using software version control systems.
- Some experience consuming and/or creating APIs for integration with external systems.
Preferred to Have
- Understanding of different data storage mechanisms, including RDBMS (specifically PostgreSQL) and key/value (specifically Redis) as well as the tradeoffs involved in making choices between them.
- Awareness of AWS product offerings and deployment mechanisms. Kubernetes (EKS) is a specific preference.
- Understanding of and experience with Agile/Lean values & principles and related methods.
- Experience with message-based systems (message bus, message streaming, pub/sub, etc.).
- Knowledge of GraphQL-based API usage and/or design.
Nice to Have
- Experience with GIS software (PostGIS, shapefiles, KML, MapServer, OpenLayers, Google Maps Platform).
- Experience in IoT development.
- GPS device or other embedded systems/hardware background.
- Experience with any of the following: Docker, Kafka, Resque.
- Most qualified candidates will have 5 or more years of professional experience.
Saving Record to JobDiva...