Ruby on Rails Developer
1) 3-5 years (Mid-level) experience working as a Ruby on Rails Developer
3) 3-5 years experience with Agile development processes (they are using Jira and Gitlab)
Responsibilities include the following:
* Provide new development and ongoing maintenance for a web application built on the Ruby On Rails framework.
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
* Work with a project team comprised of stakeholders, writers, designers, motion graphics personnel, content curators, and others
Candidates should have the following skills:
* Proven experience with Ruby on Rails and a good understanding of the Ruby syntax and its nuances
* Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
* Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
* Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
* Creation of new templates and development of new features
* Follow a thorough QA process that ensures logging of issues within a JIRA ticketing system
* Stay on top of current front-end standard methodologies
Experience with the following technologies and practices:
* Ruby on Rails
* Object-oriented programming
* Model View Controller
* HTML 5
* Agile Methodologies
* Git/Version Control Experience
* JIRA / Confluence
* Web Standards based template creation
* Cross-browser compatibility and testing
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.