Interactive Business Systems has partnered with a Cincinnati company to locate a ruby-on-rails developer for a contract or contract-to-hire position. The position can be worked remotely if desired. The client would ideally like to hire on developers eventually but they are open to remote contractors at this time.
In this position, you will work directly with product managers, designers, and QA in a company that relies heavily on Ruby developers. Projects will involve front-end work, back-end work with controllers, services and models and partner integrations that will modify existing API's and integrating them into partner API's. The position requires someone who is passionate and dedicated to being a robust Ruby developer
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years professional software development experience in a team setting
- Extensive experience working with Ruby on Rails OR equivalent web MVC framework like Django or Zend...
- Extensive experience working with Ruby or equivalent memory-managed, object-oriented language
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational database
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Strong communication skills. Must work well with others!
- Experience in a distributed team environment
- Work experience with multiple languages.
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Experience with DevOps workflows and tools a plus.
- Experience with front-end web frameworks a plus (Ember.js, Angular, etc)
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Samantha Clements at Interactive Business Systems (email@example.com).
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.
$55.00 - $72.00 /Hour
IT & Technical