TEKsystems is seeking a Ruby-on-Rails Developer for a direct placement opportunity with one of their clients located in Philadelphia, PA. Potential candidates must be able to work directly on a W2.
The Manager, Software Engineering will lead the offshore development team and will eventually be taking on the role as a Primary Architect for all the mid-level features. They will coordinate and be in charge of quality control of all offshore output. This is an exciting time to join Tridiuum as we have recently entered the commercialization stage with our products and this position will directly impact the next generation of products here. We will be developing new technologies to integrate with modern health systems. This work will impact the mental health of patients all over the country.
● Collaborate with Product Management and User Experience regarding product definition, schedule, scope, and project-related decisions
● Design, Develop & Maintain features and applications that are high quality, scalable, reliable and fast for a user base of millions
● Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, and work on removing impediments
● Perform code reviews, code refactoring, and mentor other developers in best practices
● Identify and assist in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
● Investigate technologies that can be leveraged in the team's implementations
● At least five years hands on work experience with Ruby-on-Rails as a developer or software engineer
● Strong full-lifecycle experience developing web applications
● Previous experience working with product teams
● Proven ability to manage all technical requirements and work in a pair-programming collaborative environment
● Hands on approach in a cognitive technical environment that is test-driven and has a behavior-driven development approach where programmers have a voice
● Significant experience with web application development using a variety of other languages and tools, java, python, or C#
● Write code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested
● Maintain APIs as a service for your team and customers
● Optimize complex data models for understandability and performance
● Collaborate with members of the design team both technical as well as business owners - to identify requirements and design new products or extensions to existing products.
● Produce application prototypes with sufficient detail to allow others in the development team to complete the development work.
● Provide technical oversight to the development process including code reviews and mentoring of the technical team.
● Must be able to deliver solutions end-to-end with a focus on hitting delivery milestones. Experience in an agile development environment and understanding of agile/lean delivery methods is required.
● Design and oversee unit tests to ensure application logic is fully exercised for each application component
* Must have consumer oriented Ruby on Rails development in a product shop.
* Team Lead experience and experience having architected features.
* Worked on high traffic applications with load balance on multiple servers.
* Have contributed to open source projects before.
* Experience with Postgre SQL.
* Previous experience working with offshore development teams.
* Prefer some basic Linux Administration skills.
* Worked on 3rd party API's in the past
* Worked on robust User Security Models in the past.
* This is a Lead role so effective communication skills and assertiveness are highly preferred
* Entire offshore development team will be reporting this the Lead so on occasion there will be early morning or late evening calls.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.