AceInfo is currently seeking a SAN/NAS Storage Administrator II to support our federal project, in Norman, OK.
The National Severe Storms Lab is a Federal agency focusing on world-class weather research related to the initialization and development of severe weather. Ace Info Solutions currently provides IT-related services that are an integral part to the success of NSSL’s mission. An overview of services includes DNS/DHCP administration, multi-platform (Linux, Windows, and Apple) server and desktop support, Active Directory administration, hardware technical support, and data center management.
An experienced, hands-on administrator with expertise in SAN/NAS storage, preferably with experience in Red Hat, CentOS, Mac OS, Windows operating systems, and VMWare. Will be expected to work within a team to directly support end-users by troubleshooting and maintaining servers and workstations based on Unix platforms. Must be able to troubleshoot issues related to RAID configurations, SAN Filesystems, including creation, permissions, etc. Other responsibilities include maintaining multiple operating systems through system monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning and troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating system patching. This position requires the ability to solve issues independently and work with other administrators to guarantee transfer of knowledge of work through both written and oral communication. BS/BA degree (or equivalent), plus 4 years in related field.
- SAN/NAS System administration, configuration, & maintenance.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Linux hardware and software based RAID configurations, and assist with data-recovery efforts.
- Ensure SAN, Linux, ESXi, and other operating systems are kept up-to-date by installing new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches to meet all government security requirements.
- Configure and troubleshoot fiber channel based switches and systems.
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot server and workstation hardware across several manufacturers and platforms (including, but not limited to, Supermicro, Dell, HP, NetAPP).
- Perform configuration, optimization and tuning of Linux systems, ESXi systems, and NetApp OnTap brand storage devices and software.
- Work alongside other Linux and Storage administrators to respond to end-user trouble requests through enterprise ticketing system.
- Maintains data files and control procedures for a simple system of networked personal computers or for a group of desktop computers linked to a host server.
- Assist the IT group on tracking all assets through a central inventory system.
- Participation in VMWare administration team
- Support and troubleshoot virtual hosts within a VMWare environment
- Help maintain datacenter environmental monitoring system by tracking temperature and electricity usage, and report quarterly data center usage report to Senior IT.
- Provide technical guidance for system requirements on procurement requests.