Job Description: SAP FICO Business Systems Analyst
Location: Waltham, MA
Position Type: Direct Hire/FTE/W2
PLEASE NOTE: Interested applicants must have 5+ years direct experience implementing SAP FI & CO modules as a Business Analyst to be considered.
The ERP Business Systems Analyst (BSA) works with Business Stakeholders to gather and understand business requirements and translates these requirements through analysis and design into functional solutions. The BSA is a subject matter expert in one or more functional areas. He/She establishes and executes the testing strategy for projects and production, support fixes and provides process and business expertise for the ERP system.
This position will report to the Global Business Systems Manager and have a key role in the implementation and maintenance of ERP applications as well as current and future associated systems. The ideal candidate for this ERP Business Systems Analyst position has demonstrated experience working with ERP systems, preferably SAP. He / She will contribute to the design and testing phases of a global ERP implementation project and works closely with the SAP consultants, project manager and other team members to ensure project success after go-live.
- Responsible for leading initiatives and providing consultation to a global user community, consistently applying a consultative approach to establish more efficient ways to utilize business systems.
- Provide consultancy for the best practice processes. Initiate necessary business process re-engineering to have effective and efficient operations.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business & operations requirements and system goals, identify and resolve systems issues.
- Provide expert level of business process guidance on business requirements, concept, design, realization and support.
- Identify cross-functional topics and ensure the process are aligned across ERP modules and other supporting applications
- Participate in testing and implementation of enhancements across the SAP functions primarily FI & CO modules and seamlessly integrate with other SAP modules such as SD, PP, MM, SM, QM & WM.
- Act as Liaison between business users and implementation partners
- Participate in the demand management process to assist the business in establishing business cases relating to new systems or existing system changes.
- Develop business process models and workflows
- Recommend, develop, or modify reporting and electronic workflows based on user needs, requests, or the candidate's suggestions of best practice
- Integrate data between disparate systems
- Solicit training needs and train application users through group and individual mentoring in test and live environments
- Provide Tier II application support post Go Live, conduct system troubleshooting as requested by users and following through to resolution
- Accomplish company goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value beyond job requirements
- Requires 2-4 years of experience in an ERP business analyst role.
- Strong experience in requirements gathering and documentation of business needs & processes
- Demonstrated experience with SAP S/4 Hana or other recent SAP versions.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in implementing and supporting SAP FI & CO modules
- Strong knowledge in SAP finance business functions such as accounts receivables, payables, billing, product costing, general ledger, month end closing and other finance activities from IT perspective
- Expert level experience with Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel, Visio, SharePoint and workflow tools
- Previous system implementation and testing experience preferred
- Independently problem-solves, interprets data, proposes improvements, and plans
- Able to interact with all levels of personnel in a professional and engaging manner
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism under pressure
- Ability to use independent judgment when needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent experience
(312) 964 – 4168
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!