Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 50 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
We are looking for a full-time Functional Analyst II - Financial/Controlling (FICO) to join our team. This individual ensures business value is delivered in accordance with business objectives by providing expertise in financial processes and SAP FICO modules and integration points. A Functional Analyst II researches, recommends and develops functional solutions for complex problems to drive desired business results. In addition, the person in this role identifies, evaluates, and develops options for the enhancement of financial processes in SAP and across the enterprise; ensures the successful implementation and ongoing effectiveness of processes.
- Leads the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of the retail processes in the SAP system and integration points.
- Configures, deploys and maintains FICO modules.
- Provides leadership, direction and support to SAP configuration efforts; oversees the preparation of policies, procedures, process and functional specifications.
- Ensures the SAP application's integration and functionality is clearly articulated; provides expert advice in determining a best practice approach in deploying components.
- Leads cross functional teams to address business or systems issues.
- Assists the business and the development teams to ensure functional requirements are understood and development requirements integrated.
- Ensures instructional materials are accurate; provide subject matter expertise and support for end user training delivery.
- Develops FICO knowledge/competency in super user and subject matter experts throughout the business.
- Serves as a Finance Subject Matter Expert (SME), participates in related projects.
- Mentors and trains functional analysts in gathering and documenting business requirements and specifications for technical solutions.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to financial processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of three years of SAP configuration and implementation experience.
- Experience with SAP FICO modules, specifically General Ledger (FI-GL), Accounts Payable (FI-AP), Accounts Receivable (FI-AR), Bank Accounting (FI-BL), Asset Accounting (FI-AA), Cost Elements, Cost Centers, Profit Centers, Internal Orders, and Statistical Key Figures are necessary.
- Knowledge of the key integration points with all SAP modules and key design implications is required.
- Understanding of SAP FICO integration with BW and POSDM is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP FICO in a retail environment is desired.
- Proven understanding of Solution Manager and best practices as applied to design and delivery of solution is necessary.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
- Strong organizational skills and initiative to improve processes is crucial.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- In addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coach end-users is required. The proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Proven ability to collaborate across the Company including the ability to manage and respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. A professional accounting certification is a plus. SAP Functional Consulting Certification is also a plus.
This is a full-time position. Hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Additional hours and/or occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
The starting wage is dependent upon experience. Remarkable benefits available after 90 days of employment.
Local candidates only please. No staffing agencies.