LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The SAP PM Functional Analyst is a key position in the discovery and delivery of business solutions from information technology. The SAP PM Functional Analyst, through continuous consultation with the functional areas, has a deep understanding of business operations and is capable of articulating solutions in business terms and not technical jargon. They are capable of envisioning potential value for new IT solutions. While an SAP PM Functional Analyst has a deep understanding of specific business areas, that expertise is set into a broader context of understanding of the business processes and technical capabilities that may cross functional boundaries.
The SAP PM Functional Analyst is an individual contributor who is responsible for helping with gathering of business requirements to ensure business objectives are met by IT solutions and is team member during the design, development, execution and support of projects and solutions. The SAP PM Functional Analyst must ensure the full systems lifecycle process is adhered to, overseeing solutions through the entire implementation process. They must be proficient in Project Management disciplines from requirements gathering through implementation of the functional solution. The SAP PM Functional Analyst advocates for their clients and acts as the single point of contact for incident management, new services and resource allocation.
This position reports to the IT Product Team Manager and supports other Product Team Functional Analysts and COE Technical resources. They are responsible for developing and maintaining a trusted business relationship driving the greatest possible business value from IT investments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supports the Plan to Produce work stream being familiar with SAP solutions
- Gathers and performs thorough analyses of all the information available
- Maintains relationship with business colleagues with excellent communication
- Works closely with business colleagues, to quickly understand new requirements or problems, and then suggest a possible solution
- Lead solution design activities with client groups in a specific business area to create and to document the business requirements
- Perform development and configuration activities as needed along with working with the technical team for ABAP or web app type solutions
- Create solution documentation for solutions to ensure approved requirements are met
- Oversees and follows up enhancements and small projects implementation activities including development solution documents, functional designs and work with technical developers to ensure business requirements are clear and development activities are on schedule
- Develops unit test cases and performs testing to ensure requirements are met for system modifications or data extracts.
- Demonstrates leadership by coordinating the requirements, specifications, and user acceptance testing efforts.
- Manages incident and problem management for assigned functional areas and client groups in support of on-going operations ensuring compliance with stage gate and internal controls.
- Manages monthly enhancement cycle process for development steps
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline with specialized leadership training and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and education
- Functional development/configuration experience within SAP modules: SAP ECC Plant Maintenance, Materials Management is a must.
- 4+ years of solutions and multiple domain experience with increasing levels of leadership responsibility in systems analysis, defining technical requirements, and performing high level design for complex solutions
- 4+ years of work experience in roles that had a high level of client or end-user engagement with experience in both support and formal or informal leadership
- Understand available capabilities and services and work with supply to ensure business needs are met effectively and cost efficiently
- Leadership, Communication and Relationship demonstrating outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team leadership with ability to motivate and resolve conflict
- Goal driven, action oriented
- When needed, can say 'no' by offering meaningful alternatives
- Understand the drivers of organizational change and interdependencies among all the moving parts
- Value Oriented, understands technology is a tool with overriding goal of business success
- Partners closely with business colleagues to analyze new projects and readiness for governance decisions and provides transparency of portfolio investments.
- More than an 'order taker', they are demand shapers - stimulating, surfacing and shaping business demand.
- Well-grounded in Service Management - represent IT to the business.
- Communicate and defend IT policies and standards, and understand how IT services benefit the business.
- Coordinate/act as a broker of services and suppliers, including Enterprise Architecture, Solution Delivery, Service Management, etc.
This position conducts business in numerous countries globally, in areas/communities that have strong, unique ethnic/cultural traditions. Domestic and international travel of 5% is anticipated.
- Experience in the Petrochemical Industry with strong business acumen
- Project Systems and Integrated Business Planning experience would be useful
- Financial planning and estimating
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston