SCCM Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a SCCM Engineer for an opportunity in Bannockburn, IL. The SCCM Engineer is a technical role with experience in multiple technologies for the delivery of services utilized by end users for productivity and communications. This includes client PC hardware, mobile devices, thin clients, tablets, operating systems, and tools used to manage and secure those technologies across the enterprise. The SCCM Engineer provides expertise within IT and across the business supporting solutions that enhance productivity with a focus on building a flexible, scalable, and secure platform for delivery and management of end user technologies and services. This position also provides technical leadership and escalation for End User Technology and Client Services teams in resolving incidents, fulfilling work requests, and completing project deliverables. This position may require travel to interact with team members and business partners as needed for project activities.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of technology roadmaps
- Mentors junior team members
- Collaborates with managed service providers used to deliver services
- Helps to define and measure KPIs to maintain health of services
- Participates in initiatives to evolve technologies and drive continuous improvement of services
- Submits change requests as part of change management
- Specifies and maintains technology standards
- Acts as escalation point for complex issues related to areas of expertise
- Collaborates with all areas of IT to design and implement solutions
- Leads project planning and execution for infrastructure projects
- Provides technical leadership as part of cross-functional project teams
- Develops procedures for support and maintenance of technologies for enterprise regional support teams
- Participates in recovery, maintenance, and project activities outside normal business hours as needed
- Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software.
- Responsible for utilizing various technologies to create and manage line of business specific from Windows Vista to Windows 10 profiles across the workspaces.
- Analyze business requirements and recommend technologies that will enhance availability, reliability, scalability and security.
- Apply enterprise vision and standards to all projects.
- Prepare detailed documentation of all engineered work and solutions.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work for contractors, and consultants
- Extensive experience implementing and maintaining SCCM used for Microsoft and 3rd party patch management, managed mass software deployments, and application self-service portal
- Experience in multiple technologies including Microsoft operating systems (Windows 10, Windows 7, Vista), HP PCs and Laptops, Endpoint Security and Encryption
- Business acumen to understand impact of changes and services disruptions to operations
- Functional knowledge of infrastructure and application technologies and how they relate to delivery and maintenance of services such as LAN/WAN, Messaging, Mobility, Printing
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively with both technical and non-technical resources to architect, design, and implement solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex technical problems with team members, customers, and vendors quickly and effectively
- Ability to work successfully as part of a global, virtual team
- Candidate should have experience and working knowledge of GPO's (Group Policy Objects), SCCM 2016, active directory, Office 365, IE11, security standards and engineering, technical documentation, evaluating, testing, and providing solutions within corporate standards.
- Experience with operating system migrations, Windows Vista/7/10 (x32/x64)
- 5+ years of experience with End User facing technologies.
- Experience managing End User services for medium to large scale global enterprises (10,000+ endpoints)
- Familiarity working with ITIL framework and processes
- Experience overseeing quality of work performed by managed service providers, contractors, and consultants.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow is a plus
- Experience working in a global organization a plus.
- 4 year University degree (BS, BA, or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.