- Communicates and promotes the approved strategy and develops plans and budgets for plant while integrating these into Site mission, strategy, and objectives. Recommends and implements policy regarding plant operations.
- Directs implementation of plans and attainment of process improvement including technical development. Lead/direct/engage planning, control, information management, and reporting for the site. Identifies and analyzes changing business conditions and production performance and undertakes timely corrective action to optimize performance. Ensures an environment and culture of continuous improvement and leads improvement process.
- Ensures effective use of production capacity and continued productivity increases while meeting requirements for quality, cost control, safety, and environment. Ensures that products meet requirements of safety, health, and environment in transportation and use.
- Responsible as business owner for safe, on plan and schedule execution of capital projects on the site.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of the Site Operating Manager with reference to company HSE&S and ensures site operation is aligned with OSHA PSM requirements.
- Creates optimal conditions for the functions and personnel directed. Designs and implements a clear organization, reporting, and communication structure that makes optimal use of available Human Resources.
- With Management Team sets challenging, but achievable targets and objectives for plant personnel in line with business objectives. Manage performance routinely utilizing company performance dialog system and more routine follow up with leading indicators. Keep employee engagement at high level and represent company core values.
- Builds and maintains a network of business contacts in support of organizational objective. Conducts business in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Able to exploit the asset, financial and other leaders of the site to meet and exceed targets and objectives. Stimulates team development through teamwork, continuous improvement, productivity, and cost awareness. Takes an interest in development of high potentials in organization.
- Delivers on implementation of Lean 6 Sigma, Change Management, Visual Management, 5S, etc.) in Manufacturing, Quality, Maintenance, and Engineering.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential.
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units.
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance.
- Commit to 'hiring the best' internally and externally.
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity.
- Execute performance and career development discussions.
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement company’s strategy.
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
DIRECT REPORTS: Quality Control Manager, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Logistics Manager, Maintenance Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager, and HS&E Manager.