SME Software Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to conduct the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Digital Policy Management (EDPM) User Interface. They will develop custom User Interfaces and respective rest services that will be used by mission partners to manage digital policies, assist in the installation, deployment, and maintenance of the COTS product, and make configuration changes as needed. Initial efforts will be focused on participating in the development of critical software components that leverage COTS APIs. The Software Engineer will interface with developers, architects, and the infrastructure teams during upgrades or troubleshooting. They will support the development of new customer digital policies and integrate them with the enterprise service. They will also interface with customers during digital policy creation, policy ingestion, policy integration, and testing, especially in regards to the User Interface. The Software Engineer will support the implementation of an automated unit and integration testing capability for access control policies and other service components using JUnit. They will support end user training on the creation and management of access control policies through the User Interface. The Sponsor is looking for a Software Engineer with strong experience deploying software solutions in a cloud environment.
- Requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience in lieu of degree may be used.
- Demonstrated experience developing user interface using technologies such as Angular 6 or other Java Script languages
- Demonstrated experience performing development and integration with COTS applications in a virtual environment
- Experience working on an agile development team, writing and working off user stories
- Demonstrated experience developing rest services using Java
- Demonstrated experience with Linux and at least one shell scripting language
- Demonstrated experience developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining API’s
- Demonstrated experience implementing automated testing software
- Experience performing functional, integration, and unit testing (Junit)
- Demonstrated experience with Spring to include Spring-Boot
- Demonstrated experience configuring Tomcat
- Experience with overall trouble shooting and debugging in a production environment
- Demonstrated experience developing JUnit test cases
- Demonstrated experience developing RESTful web services with JSON
- Demonstrated experience delivering enterprise level Identity or Access Management services
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including Cloud Formation, Dynamo, RDS, and S3
- Experience leveraging AWS SDK
- Demonstrated experience deploying applications on AWS infrastructures
- Experience with DevOps, automation and configuration management using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, and Github
- Experience with SQL
- Demonstrated, professional experience with deployments in the Sponsor’s environment
- Experience with Certificate Management (x509)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Software Development 4000 Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.