SQL BI Developer
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated SQL/BI Developer for an opportunity in Minneapolis, MN.
Title: SQL/BI Developer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our growing clients in Minneapolis, MN. The SQL Developer (SSIS, SSRS) is responsible for the development, maintenance, integration, data governance, and data reporting supporting the retail business teams. The ideal candidate for this role is adaptable, able to change priorities and handle requirement ambiguity. Also, someone who truly enjoys working with people in a cohesive, friendly and dedicated culture. This is a great role for someone who wants to really be engaged outside of IT, not be afraid to ask questions and willing to take on short and long-term projects. The position is required to work with the Business and Technical resources to define projects and manage them to completion.
* Design, construct, deploy, test, and support Business Analytics and reporting systems including Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) programs, Data Warehouses and Cubes, reports, dashboards, queries, and data visualizations
* Develop complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and SSIS packages
* Define and develop a data migration strategy between different products and platforms (both legacy systems and new technology).
* Train end users in the proper use of Business Analytics solutions
* Maintain documentation on support systems
* Coordinate internal and external personnel in the completion of projects and communicate in a timely manner all issues, risks, concerns and status to management
* Develop and write reports (SSRS).
* Minimum of (10) years of IT experience with most of them developing and maintaining Microsoft Business Intelligence solutions using SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS and Excel (Power BI is nice to have)
* Advanced knowledge of SQL (Structured Query Language)
* Able to manage changing priorities, gather requirements when there are gaps
* Understanding of the logical and physical database design (for both transactional and data warehouse) and data normalization concepts
* Possess excellent proven troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
* Possess a team-based attitude and be skilled at building constructive and effective relationships
* Excellent interpersonal and rapport building skills (speak up and go ask questions when needed)
* Ability to coordinate, plan and manage complex technical solutions
* Professional experience developing reports and reporting processes to support decision and business intelligence
* Experience with software development life cycle and agile/scrum methodology
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to, and including, both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration. Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 92463 when responding to this ad.