SNI Companies is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our clients team as a BI Developer.
As the BI developer, you will focus on packaging and deploying information reporting solutions. You will work jointly with the BI Analysts to understand analytical reporting needs. Additional responsibilities include:
Utilize DEV/TEST/PROD environments, adhering to change management requirements for system implementations.
Participate in team lunch and learns, design sessions, and code reviews.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Utilize ETL procedures, ensuring data integrity and proper data transformations to load data from source systems into target data structures within the warehouse.
Think analytically to understand complex data sourcing and resolve discrepancies in data element definitions that arise from multiple business processes across multiple data domains.
Investigate, troubleshoot and work with OLTP development teams to correct data issues on source systems.
Analyze conditions and identify strategies that minimize implementation risk and/or improve system reliability and performance.
- 3+ years' experience in developing Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 solutions
- 3+ years advanced experience with Microsoft Reporting Services 2005/2008/2012
- 3+ year experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 2005/2008/2012
- Understanding of Relational and Dimensional modeling
- Understanding of performance tuning and database constraint concepts such as indexes, primary keys, etc.
- Recognizes good opportunities for code and module reuse, and ensures that the code is designed and implemented accordingly.
- Strong listening skills; ability to capture requirements expressed in design meetings.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed