SQL Database Administrator - Portsmouth, VA
Our client is looking for a SQL Database Administrator. The right candidate will be a critical technical resource in support of the project applications team.
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance REQUIRED
- Installs, manages, administers, and upgrades Microsoft SQL Server instances.
- Maintains existing databases and design, structure, and maintain additional databases as required to support new applications.
- Schedules and performs daily database backups and performs database recoveries as required.
- Performs log analysis, error detection, fault correction, and coordinates and executes the startup and shutdown of systems.
- Coordinates, builds, configures, patches, and upgrades database servers as required in accordance with Security Technical Information Guidance (STIG).
- Develops ad hoc and customized reports to support customer requirements.
- Diagnoses and resolves connectivity issues between the database and the systems that are connected to the database.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Performs database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Optimizes database efficiency and monitor usage and storage daily.
- Advises leadership of system alerts including low storage or customer access issues.
- Maintains documentation related to design, development, testing, and implementation of the database systems (including details on customization and/or configuration, codes, scripts, and in support of Certification and Accreditation requirements).
- Plans and implements systems with a focus on Continuity of Operations through approaches such as failover clustering, etc.
- Reports daily on the status and availability of database servers.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Information Technology Related Discipline OR
- 2 additional years of equivalent, relevant experience can be substituted for the
- Qualifying 8570 Baseline Certification for IAT Level II (e.g. CompTIA Security+)
- Formal training in SQL Server 2012 or later (Microsoft exams 70-461, 70-462, & 70-463) OR MCSA SQL Server 2012.