Provides database support by verifying databases associated with network tools and solutions function as required. Responsible for managing the routine operations and maintenance of databases and ensuring their reliable and efficient performance. Focuses on establishing the architecture, design, and security of various databases.
* Performs preventive and corrective maintenance and incident management measures.
* Determines database structural requirements by working with business stakeholders, and identifying optimal database specifications. Ensures that database design and system capabilities meet validated user requirements.
* Supports sequencing diagrams and process flow development, data profiling, data analysis, and logical and physical data modeling.
* Evaluates the integration of new tools or technologies based on the capabilities of the existing infrastructure.
* Creates advanced tests, develops complex databases, and tunes database performance, reviewing database performance trends and identifying opportunities for improvement.
* Provides complex system maintenance support, ensuring that any system disruptions mandated by an upgrade or patch follow the necessary guidelines and approvals.
* Responsible for planning the installation of operating systems, databases, applications, development upgrades, and new releases.
* Plans and executes any needed upgrades to the software applications and ensures necessary licensing is maintained.
* Establishes standards, controls and procedures to ensure data integrity and security.
* Uses various databases and sources to research system vulnerabilities and potential security attacks.
* Performs capacity planning and projection for future growth.
* May provide supervision and input into performance appraisals for junior Database Administrators.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study. Master's degree preferred.
The ideal candidate should have at least 10 years of enterprise database administration experience, with 7 years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server. Candidate must be an experienced DBA who has worked on SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014.
Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications is a MUST.
Leadership experience required.
Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
* Advanced knowledge of database backup and recovery strategies.
* Experience with DBA productivity and performance tools.
* Experience with DoD and Federal Government is strongly desired.
* Advanced knowledge of security network and infrastructure tools, including access control and/or encryption.
* In depth knowledge of troubleshooting skills and out of the box thinking to overcome data obstacles.
* Ability to delegate/split tasks among a team.
GCH / US Citizenship, required.
14840 Conference Center Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 USA