SkillStorm is seeking a SQL Database Administrator for our client in Plano, Texas OR Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position.
- Participates in design, development and implementation of complex databases, often using new technologies. Viewed as the subject matter expert for the team. Manages multiple, moderately complex projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants or managers. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Computer Science degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience. Typically, 7-10 years of IT experience.
- Perform SQL database administration including SSDS and support for SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and peripheral features/products such as log shipping, mirroring, and maintenance packs (dbcc, backups, re-indexing).
- Perform database migrations
- Troubleshoot database issues and recommend/implement SQL tuning enhancements.
- Provide production support in time sensitive situations in addition to providing support for multiple high-profile applications/projects.
- Support release rollouts/builds for application teams. This requires client management skills and a comfort with change management concepts.
- Support project teams. This requires time management skills, comfort with bank processes, judgment regarding when to escalate issues to leads and management, and the ability to work as the SQL expert in part of a team. Decisions/Actions must be in compliance to our internal standards and policies.
- Manage connectivity to other RDBMS, SSIS packages, TSQL, PerfMon and Activity monitor.
- Assist clients with fine tuning indexing and tune queries.
- Generate performance and efficiency metrics and offer expert advice to clients.
- Perform regular security and access reviews; Remediate as needed.
- Experience with Windows 2008 through 2016 required.
- Experience with T-SQL coding and debugging
- Experience with SQL 2008 through 2016 versions, including Always On, SSRS, SSAS, Log Shipping, Replication, SSIS
- Must have excellent organizational skills and must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely and be comfortable with client management.
- Must have ability to work under pressure to meet tight delivery timelines.
- Must be quick to adapt to a complex culture with various processes and procedures.
- Ability to work well within a team located across geographic locations.
- Prior enterprise financial SQL DBA experience a plus