SQL Database Administrator
Provides all activities related to the administration of SQL databases. Projects long-range requirements for SQL database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains SQL databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of SQL databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with SQL database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end /back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
Minimum Required Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience with SQL database, Internet Information Service (IIS), Apache/Tomcat, ASP.net, Java, Unix, Linux, basic networking, security applications, DOD STIG.
- Previous DLA experience is preferred.
- Active Secret Security clearance or higher
- Security+ or other IAT II certification
- Computing environment certification is required (MS, SQL, Oracle, etc.)
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
- Provide subject matter expert level knowledge to the team and customer as needed.
- Assist program managers with application project planning through implementation.
- Be available if needed to support 24/7 - 365 for emergency troubleshooting issues, critical project support, and application monitoring.