SQL Database Developer
Interactive Business Systems has partnered with a Troy company to locate a SQL database developer for a contract position.
- Write and optimize in-application SQL statements
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases
- Experience with some of the modern relational databases
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it
- Designing, coding, and supporting leading-edge financial management web and mobile applications
- Designing, developing, and enhancing large transaction and reporting based DBs
- Designing and implementing improvements to the performance, usability, scalability, and maintainability of our software products
- Communicating effectively with team members, customers , and audiences of all technical levels
- Integrating our solutions with partner systems using a variety of protocols
- Continuous improvement to processes and practices with new ideas, concepts, methods and technologies
SQL Database Developer
BS/MS Computer Science or related field, and/or relevant work experience
Working knowledge and belief in Agile values and principles
Working knowledge of Agile engineering practices with emphasis on Emergent Design, TDD, Refactoring, and Pair Programming
Working knowledge of design patterns
Working knowledge of SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and LINQ
Working knowledge of Visual Studio database projects
Ability to work in a highly collaborative style with team members, stakeholders, and customers
Ability to lead through influence, mentoring, discussion, and example rather than relying on authority
7+ Years of demonstrated experience relational database design and implementation using MS SQL Server
3+ Years demonstrated experience with C#, .NET framework, and object oriented design/development.
3+ Years of demonstrated experience with ASP.NET and related technologies
5+ Years of experience in developing multi-tier enterprise class web applications
5+ Years of experience in development of automated unit, component, and integration testing
3+ Years demonstrated experience with Visual Studio including Visual
3+ Years demonstrated experience in SOA and web service development with WCF
3+ Years demonstrated experience with Team Foundation Server with emphasis on source control, automated builds, and use of Agile or Scrum process template.
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover letter to the attention of Samantha Clements at Interactive Business Systems (firstname.lastname@example.org).
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.
$50.00 - $60.00 /Hour
IT & Technical