The Database Team Lead will be responsible for the day to day management of DBA team members as well as communications to external and internal leadership. The individual will also help drive future visioning of the EHBs system to include Architecture improvements, version upgrades. This role also consists of managing implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a technical lead position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The individual will also be expected to support On-Call as well as after-hours support.
The Database Team Lead will be responsible for tracking the work assigned to the DBA Team, assigning tasks to team members, planning and delivering daily, short term, and long term database initiatives. The Database Team Lead will report on status of tasks to client and adjust team priorities accordingly. The Database Team Lead will coordinate with other project teams (development, infrastructure, configuration management) as needed to deliver complex initiatives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the HRSA EHBs Database System, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development cycles. The database team lead works to ensure delivery in the realm of Operations support, feature releases and other high-level task that are assigned as a day to day activity. Individual must be capable of leading while working collaboratively, as the job requires extensive interaction with multiple teams and vendors.
- Manage the work and quality of delivery of the Database Team
- Developing database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Installing and configuring information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyzing structural requirements for new software and applications
- Performing scalability, high availability, migration and consolidation consulting on the Microsoft SQL Server platform as a Senior Database Consultant.
- Design and implement robust database administration solutions including resource management, security, backup and recovery, performance monitoring and tuning, data management and capacity planning, planning, and implementing failover between database instances.
- Design and implement scripts for instance monitoring, maintenance, backup, cloning, etc. utilizing T-SQL, SSIS, Reporting Services and Analysis Services.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 10 years of enterprise database administration experience, with 7 years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server, with 5 years of team leadership experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is required; a Master's degree is preferred.
- Candidate must be an experienced DBA who has worked on SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014.
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications is a MUST.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.