The Business Intelligence Team is responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of the EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) into all areas of the business.
As a Sr. BI Data Analyst, you will be expected to help expand the EDW's capabilities to better serve our internal and external clients. Additionally, you will be expected to help with Executive Committee, Finance and Operations data requests.
Expand EDW Capabilities
* Drive requirements gathering efforts to build value-add datasets, reports, scorecards and more
* Help drive business insights by creating visual dashboards
* Help establish sales reporting
* Help establish financial reporting
* Help re-design lender reporting and delivery
Dimensional Modeling and Data Mapping
* Capture requirements and definitions for measures
* Enhance and help architect EDW's dimensional model
* Identify ETL logic for source to dim model data mapping
* Maintain subject area to dim model matrix
* Maintain department to dim model matrix
Support Agile Development Practices
* Help drive projects via SCRUM or KANBAN
* Write epics and stories for new or enhanced development projects
* Maintain epic and story backlog
Support Company Technology Initiatives
* Help define the current, mid-state and final iteration of the EDW within the Next Gen Tax project
* Assist with gathering requirements for the migration to the cloud project
Help Build an Advanced Analytics Practice
* Meet with senior leaders and executive committee to understand their reporting and analytical needs
* Drive EDW innovation to support advanced analytics exercises
* Build complex excel workbooks using PowerPivot and advanced formulas
* Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to compliment data; designs workflows and procedures.
* Design - Generates creative solutions; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
* Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
* Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Required Education and Experience
At least 7 + years of experience:
* Relevant Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, Data Analyst or Product Manager experience
* Supported report development as an analyst or product owner
* Strong understanding of dimensional modeling and OLAP concepts
* Understanding of data warehouse and data mart architecture including Kimball methodology
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a computing science related discipline or at least 4 + years of relevant experience:
* Understanding of SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Management Studio
* Proficient in SQL server environments including writing SQL queries
* Experience in using Jira
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.