This Database Developer will translate user needs to database design. User requirements focus on specific information storage as well as designing and creating critical reports monitoring progress in security monitoring. Architect works closely with users to determine user requirements, define and build and monitor databases, and tests and coordinates changes. Activities also involve interaction with development and end-user personnel to determine data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases. Analyzes performance of database and works closely with Senior DBA staff.
- Translate user needs to database design.
- Perform architecture analysis, support system design for the Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Support database sizing activities and capacity planning, environment configuration.
- Create SSIS and SSRS packages.
- Develop extract, transform, load (ETL) scripts.
- Create, modify and analyze SQL queries.
- Trouble shoot and tune SQL statements.
- Create and modify stored procedures, conduct database performance tuning analysis.
- Monitor and optimize performance of the database, plan for backup and recovery of the database and plan future storage needs.
- Create database-related scripts and programs to support development and production environments.
- Acts as a mentor to less-experienced team members.
- Prepares required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
5-10 years of experience with programming or web development activities.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Must be detail oriented, as well as able to work well with clients.
* Experience designing scalable databases and developing applications against a relational database such as Oracle or SQL Server preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must work efficiently within multiple teams.
* Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and work in a closed environment with others.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology.
* Strong problem solving, logic, and analytic skills.
* Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
* Familiar with and utilized best programming standards and practices in a professional capacity.
* Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale case management systems and the development of software to satisfy design objectives.