Be a part of an incredible transformation with a company over 35 years old where people are the focus and training and technology are the engine to growth! Great Expressions is a national group of highly qualified dental professionals looking to make a difference in the lives of patients, team members, and communities. Each day we celebrate what is right in the world and continue to build on each success with recognition that each person is important, valued, and respected. If you welcome challenges and opportunities with optimism and rigor, read on.
This role is primarily responsible for building and maintaining the database schemas associated with EDI & Revenue Cycle solutions. Primary responsibilities include analyze and develop database systems, assist in making architecture and design decisions, create detailed database designs, develop SQL programs/ objects, lead and participate in implementations, mentor existing SQL developers/analysts, and participate in data warehouse development. Creates reports and ETL operations as needed. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in detailed technical design to identify, resolve and document technical design alternatives and issues.
- Active participant in all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, defining, designing, building, testing, and deployment).
- Takes ownership for setting and meeting project schedules and reports status as necessary.
- Identifies, documents, owns, and enforces standards for objects built on Database Servers.
- Manage, maintain and provide support for data extractions, transformations and reports.
- Define and implement highly efficient ETL processes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis and problem solving skills including the ability to understand new information domains.
- Self motivated and directed; effectively prioritize and multi-task. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical and non technical users
- Has the ability to both write T-SQL code, and to assist other developers in tuning their T-SQL statements. Strong understanding of the difference between efficient and inefficient T-SQL.
- Must have a strong understanding of the SQL Server, including but not limited to: Indexing, physical database design best practices, and query optimization.
- Demonstrated ability to create normalized database schemas utilizing data modeling discipline. Understanding of normalization, de-normalization, and the difference between the two. Ability to create schemas for both OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Expert Experience in implementing operational automation.
- Hands on Experience with SSRS and data transfer methods (SFTP etc.).
Education and/or Experience:
- Has 6+ years of experience in database development and support in MS SQL environments.
- Expert Experience with Excel and Data analysis.
- Previous EDI Healthcare Experience a plus.
- Knowledge/ Experience with .Net Development (C#/ VB.Net) is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university preferred.
- Appropriate technical tools, which might include TFS, SQL Analyzer, SQL Server, Visual Studio, Net, SSRS, Excel, Visio.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- MCDBA a plus